Update on trip to Myanmar

The whole of yesterday was spent in travelling. We covered more than 1300 km from That Yin to Mandalay. The roads were narrow and bumpy with three big sized men squeezed at the back.  It was really exhausting but no one complained.

But the landscape was refreshing . Green vegetation, mountains and valleys all along the way.

We reached Mandalay about 5pm, after being on the road for 10 hrs. That night after dinner I felt a slight fever coming up and my throat was getting sore. Did not have a good sleep and my throat hurt real bad. Never felt like this before. At 5 am I had to run to the toilet and it was diarrhea all the way. I guess it was the dinner last night.

Today we drove about 3 hrs to visit our Church planter's work in Kwing Thong Se, in Mandalay Division. You can imagine how I had to control my stomach urges. But thank God I had to use the toilet only once along the way. God was indeed kind.

A group of about 20 people gathered in a small eating house for the meeting. Pst Saw Swee is our church planter in this village. There is no church in this village and this is indeed s pioneering work.  I was particularly happy to see the passion of this church planter who is in his late fifties. Bro George shared the Word and when I gave the alter call three people responded to accept Jesus as their saviour. We truly praise God for this work. There is great potential for growth and the place where they gather for worship is becoming small. 

Later we went to survey a piece of land for building a church in this village. It cost about USD 5500. Pst Saw Swee assured that his church members will take care of the cost of putting up the building. 
Land identified for church building
I was a bit sick while on the way back. We had to rush down to Mandalay to catch out bus back to Yangon. We were told that the bus ride will be 8 hrs. Managed to get into Mandalay on time. Along the way it was very uncomfortable for me but the Lord gave sufficient strength to endure. Deeply thinking how we can start a church building in Kwing Thong Se.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory