The way of the cross and JS - A painful reflection

One of the most painful events in the life  of Jesus going to the cross was the moment when Judas, his disciple and confidante, betrayed Him

At the last supper, Jesus said of Judas, in John 13:18 - "I am not referring to all of you; I know those I have chosen. But this is to fulfill this passage of Scripture: 'He who shared my bread has turned against me.'

Jesus was quoting a verse from the Psalms. Psalms 41:9 -Even my close friend, someone I trusted, one who shared my bread, has turned against me.

Did David also go through a similar incident? One commentary comments that "The words of the Psalm are not a direct prediction, but the treachery and the fate of Ahithophel foreshadowed the treachery and the fate of Judas. What saints of old time had suffered by the desertion of friends must be suffered with an aggravated bitterness by the Son of Man."

Is the Lord taking me through a journey, a lesson that I need to learn?  or is this an answer to my prayer, Lord make me like you"

A text message I received  last night from a man, reminded me of the plight the Lord and even David had to go through. Especially if he is someone who you gave 'Life" and had such high respect and opinion. And who said all the best things about you. That's more than painful. A pastor, a father, a husband and a leader.  Who came to where he is because of you.

previous week  a lesser evil came from the "enemy camp" (S). My enemies are "good christians". Christians have enemies? No surprise. Jesus said, "Love your enemies". Its part of the package being a chritian. But the lesser evil was palatable  as you would not expect anything better from the "non aligned" and ill-informed. But to get a worst blow from your own, the one your help built and cover his sins, is sharper that the two edged sword.

And yet three weeks ago, a blunt arrow from young adult (SA) making accusations and opinions that were not thought through.  Height or even spiritual jargons are no measurement for spiritual growth. Humility certainly is but was void in this case. Well that too can be forgiven and not taken to heart. What do you expect from little things who have yet to grow up, deceived to think they have arrived. These take their dressings from the wrong markers. A chip of the old block and sadly if the trend continues, history will repeat itself. 

But what do you do when you are embarrassed and betrayed by your very esteemed own. I was deeply hurt and yes...I cried. It only goes to show how weak I am and how much I needed Him.

I was reminded again, of the sermon I peached last Sunday. "If you are Kingdom minded, then the SELF is crucified. Only two things matter in God's Kingdom : Love God, Love your neighbour." (Summary in the earlier post).

Practise what you preach.

SELF features prominently in the Kingdom of this world but has no place in the Kingdom to come. 

A good friend of mine told me I will come out of this and move forward with the help of God. Thank God for those who care. But at least I am understanding now what it means to walk the path Jesus walked and what Paul meant, when he declared, I am crucified with Christ, Its no longer I that liveth".

I learnt, that to sing, "In the cross be my glory ever" is one thing but to live it, is totally another. 

The good thing is that person called and asked for forgiveness.  The cross again reminded me:

  I am forgiven because You were forsaken
I am accepted, You were condemned.
I am alive and well
Your Spirit lives inside me
You died and rose again.

It's life, rise up and walk. To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory