When faith is tested to its limit

What a day it was. Our second daughter Reena was found unconscious in her room at about 5am. I was at work and Jeya was awakened by the incessant barks of Samba, our pet-dog from Reena's room. Usually Jeya would have changed and gone to work but because of Simba's baking, she went into Reena's room to check and to her shock, she found Reena in an unconscious state.

With Jonathan's help, an ambulance was summoned and she was straight away admit to the ICU ward.

On Sunday Renna appeared ok in church. In fact she drove us back home. In the evening she complained of body aches and a fever. She took some medication and went to bed. Not sure what triggered this state of unconsciousness. 

After some tests, doctors think it could be a viral infection of the nervous system, Reena is still not responding but we believe she will recover soon. Many people are praying for her.

On Sunday, Pst Robert Lum from Eternal Life Assembly shared on "Why bad things happen to good people" as though to prepare us for Monday's nerve-wrecking event.

I believe God is fully in control and thank God for Simba. If not for his barking, Reena may have been in much greater trouble.

This is the most difficult thing in being a father. I just could not hold my tears when I saw Reena in her helpless state. Jaya was much more stronger than me and well composed. I just couldn't. Not that I was angry or doubted God but just could not bear to see my daughter in this state.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory