When faith is tested to its limit - 2

I am really thankful and praise God for the overwhelming outpouring of prayers, love and concern from PEC and friends all over the world. It is humbling and very encouraging. 

Yesterday morning was 24 hrs after Reena was admitted. When we talked with the doctors, they seemed very negative. She has not shown any improvement and if she does not show any kind of improvement in the next 24 hrs, her brain might sustain permanent damage. That shook my faith a bit. I asked God, "What are you trying to say to me". NO ANSWER.

Felt like Abraham taking Isaac up to the mountain. No dad should even have that kind of a feeling. But I guess I was human.

Went for a church staff meeting around lunch time and back to the hospital. It was really painful to see Reena. But at least she was opening her eyes and trying to sit up. That was a good sign but the doctors report was still negative.

The scriptures quotes from friends really strengthen me. Many called and texted words of assurance and  that too was of much comfort.

As I was driving to the hospital, I said to God, " I really don't know what to do but  I am surrendering my daughter into your hands. You are in charge."

This morning I was awaken by Simba, our pet dog, about 5:30am. He was literally using his paw and asking me to get up. I went to God in prayer and the scriptures came so powerfully this morning, reminding me of God's faithfulness and His healing power. God reminded me of the many challenges  I had gone through in life and He was there all along the way. He never left me nor forsake me. He saw me though all my troubles, although this is probably the worst.  Psalms 112:7They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord. This verse renewed my trust in God. 

I was encouraged and I know God will restore Reena again. We will be a testimony to our God.

At 10am we met up with the doctors. Reena has shown some improvement. She is able to focus her eyes and her muscles are more tone.  Praise God.

Now for full recovery.

Specially impressed by the matured manner Jessica and Jonathan were coping with the situation and it just dawned on me that they are no more kids but grown-up adults who can hold themselves well.  Jeya is coping alright. "God is still on the throne", that were her words.  Praise God.

Friends - Thanks for all your prayers. It means a lot to our family. God bless.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory