Next trip to Odisha - Another testimony of God's provision

The need

My next trip on the missions trail is to Odisha from 12-18 Feb. Since I am going alone, I decided to bear all the expenses of the trip on my own. I did not want to burden the church for the trip expenses, although I know the board will gladly agree (I hope). Not that I have much, in fact I am in some difficulty already as far as finances are concerned, but I am also mindful of the church accounts and did not want to overly stretch the church finances.

I needed $3000 for this trip based on the budget. From my savings and my faithful supporter (my mom), I was able to raise $2000. Last Sunday I prayed to God that he will provide for the balance. "Send the raven Lord".

Getting exasperated 

Early this week, I sounded off to some leaders about the deficit, hoping that their hearts will be moved. Hmmm. Sometimes its easier to move mountains than move hearts. Pressure was mounting.

Almost there but...

On Wednesday one of my old friends texted me to say he wants to contribute $1000 for the mission fund. Praise God and my heart pounced in escalation but it was for the mission fund and not for my trip expenses. I was very clear about this. "God you are still not responding"

God is always right on time.

Yesterday I received another text from the same person. "The $1000 is not for the church, its for your own use in the ministry. Please collect it by Saturday". That text hit me like a load of rocks. It was as if God was pushing this brother to text me. 

God answered me prayer but with a rebuke again. "When I have promised to provide your needs, why beg for handouts". Sometimes I never learn my lesson. 

Gen 22:14Abraham named the place Yahweh-Yireh (which means "the LORD will provide"). To this day, people still use that name as a proverb: "On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided."

To God be the glory. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory