Mission trip - update

Yesterday we had a long day. We travelled in another direction to Kandhamal District. If you remember, Kandhamal was the district, which saw severe persecution of Christians a few years ago. But today our church planters are out there planting churches. Another long drive through undulating stony tracks and this was through a tiger reserve.  We had to visit two places. And suddenly in the middle of nowhere, one of the tyres of our vehicle punctured. You can guess what was gong through my mind. Thank God none of the big felines showed up.  After changing the tyre, we proceeded with the journey.

The first location was in Krutamgarh. Pst Mark Digal is pioneering a work in this place. I was amazed at the number of people who had gathered in this remote place. I never imagined in my life I would be witnessing a celebration like this. We had a royal welcome. The believers danced and worshipped our Lord. I am reminded of the verse in Mat 21:6 - "From the lips of children and infants you, Lord, have called forth your praise”. These are simple jungle folks but their worship was from their hearts. I understood what it meant to worship God in spirit and in truth, just seeing these folks. I wished our people in Singapore would witness this. This church also needs a building.

The second church planter’s work was about 10 km away in a village called Nianga. Pat Jemendra is working in this location. Thick forest and by the time we arrived, it was dark and there was no electricity.  I could hardly see the people seated in front of me. These are all tribal people worshipping Jesus as Lord and Savior. But my heart was overwhelmed, praising God for what He is doing through PEC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory