Last Sunday of 2018

This morning service, I reflected on 2018 and looked forward to 2019. This is the last Sunday morning service for the year and so it was a reflection and looking ahead. My text was taken from Exodus 33. The key points were:

  • God’s promises are far greater that our past failures 
  • God’ s presence is far more urgent than our participation. 
  • God’s prestige(glory) is far more obvious in unexpected ways.


I felt the powerful presence of the Lord this morning. And at one point I was so overcome by emotions, I just could not continue.

After the sharing I went into the office and wept. One family is leaving the church and it breaks my heart. This is one of the most painful things about being a pastor. Just one person leaving can break your heart. If a whole family leaves, it destroys you. Only God can intervene for me and for them.

I will hang on this this verse: "If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. " - Ex 33:15

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory