Fear of the Lord.....Fear not

This phrase in a facebook posting caught my attention this morning. 

The Bible has a number of scriptures that command us to fear God:

  • Deut 6:24 -"So the LORD commanded us to observe all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God for our good always and for our survival, as it is today.
  • Psalms 147:11The LORD favors those who fear Him, Those who wait for His lovingkindness.

Everyone who encounters God are struck by the fear of God, His holiness, His awe and majesty.
  • Hebews 12:21 - The sight was so terrifying that Moses said, "I am trembling with fear."
  • Isaiah 6:5Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! 
  • Rev 1:17When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. 
But after the encounter, the Lord always says, "Fear not...."
  • Joshua 1:9 -  Don't be afraid
  • Isaiah 43:1 - Do not fear, for I have redeemed you. 
And the list goes on.

We as christians need to hold both in creative tension. While we must not forget that our God is a Holy God and we need to revere Him is worship and in obedience, we must not forget that when God is with us, we need not fear. 

  • We can boldly enter into His presence (Her 4:16),
  • We can dance in His presence (Ps 30:11-12)
  • We can shout in His presence (Ezra 3:11-13)
In fact, if God is with us, we need not fear anything, YES, anything. Do you know that the devil is afraid of you. Know who you are in Christ and fear will become history. 

Comments

  1. I am so strengthen and inspired by this sharing. It is true we have need to fear the Lord and everything shall follow. I am equipped to do more for the Kingdom of God without fear. For I know that the Lord will take of me and that the devil is afraid of us. We are unstoppable irrespective of the challenges we face. Hallelujah, Praise the Lord .Thank you so much for sharing Brother Rama

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory