Another funeral but it was joy after all .

Today I conducted anther funeral service. The brother who passed away, Edward Gerald,  is not our church member but he had received Jesus as His savior and the family wanted a christian funeral. As one of our church members knew the family I decided to conduct the funeral.

I took advantage of this opportunity and shared the gospel. Many people were there and some probably hearing about salvation for the first time. Many times we think that by sowing the seed like this. it many not bring fruit or a waste of time

A pleasant surprise in the funeral.

I met Jerome at the funeral. He was the brother of the deceased. I had last met Jerome about 20 years ago when we were serving in the air force. I had shared the gospel with him then during my air force days but he did not give his life to Christ. But to my utter joy and, I learnt that Jerome had become a Christian and he is serving the Lord in missions in many countries. I was simply overjoyed. As we were talking Jerome reminded me how I used to share the gospel with him and that he did not make up his mind then. But I believe the seed that was sown will one day bring the results and Jerome is a good example.

It was Jerome who brought his brother (deceased) to the Lord and I am conducting the funeral. What strange coincidence. But God was in it and  I had  the privilege of being a part of it,  in a small way. 

So I am going to meet Jerome soon and we are going to partner together in the field. Our God is an amazing God. To God be the glory

Lesson learnt: Take every opportunity to share Christ, the result is not yours. It's the work of the Holy Spirit. Only eternity will tell how many come to Christ because of you. 

Isaiah 55:11 -So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory