Sunday morning service - God's exceptional favour


It was a good service today. Reena testified of God's goodness and how God healed her from her condition in the ICU. Praise God. 




Proverbs 3:4 - Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.

The Bible gives the formula for successful Christian living.

Proverbs 3:3  Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.




Examples in the Bible of God’s favour on people:
  • Gen 39:21 - But the LORD was with Joseph and extended kindness to him, and gave him favor in the sight of the chief jailer.
  • Exodus 33:17, ESV And the Lord said to Moses, “This very thing that you have spoken I will do, for you have found favor in my sight, and I know you by name.”
  • Exodus 33:17, ESV And the Lord said to Moses, “This very thing that you have spoken I will do, for you have found favor in my sight, and I know you by name.”
  • Daniel 1:9 - Now God had caused the official to show favor and compassion to Daniel
Favour with God - Example - Moses

Moses had many attributes in his CV.
  • Prophet
  • Intercessor
  • Law giver
  • Military Commander
  • Judge
  • Priest
  • One of the 5 servants of God recorded in the Bible
But God singled one, when He intervened on Moses behalf.
  • My servant Moses is not like this; he is faithful in all my house. 8 With him I will speak face to face, openly, and not in riddles; and he will see the form of the Lord. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?” (Numbers 12:6-8)
Favour with man - Example - Jesus

He loved the people
  • He went out of His way
  • He spent time with them
  •  He touched them
  • He ate with them
  • He spoke to them
Is there a formula for God's favour? - Love and faithfulness

Tonight Jeya and I leave for New Delhi, India. Please keep us in your prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory