Sunday morning service - God's exceptional favour


It was a good service today. Reena testified of God's goodness and how God healed her from her condition in the ICU. Praise God. 




Proverbs 3:4 - Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.

The Bible gives the formula for successful Christian living.

Proverbs 3:3  Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.




Examples in the Bible of God’s favour on people:
  • Gen 39:21 - But the LORD was with Joseph and extended kindness to him, and gave him favor in the sight of the chief jailer.
  • Exodus 33:17, ESV And the Lord said to Moses, “This very thing that you have spoken I will do, for you have found favor in my sight, and I know you by name.”
  • Exodus 33:17, ESV And the Lord said to Moses, “This very thing that you have spoken I will do, for you have found favor in my sight, and I know you by name.”
  • Daniel 1:9 - Now God had caused the official to show favor and compassion to Daniel
Favour with God - Example - Moses

Moses had many attributes in his CV.
  • Prophet
  • Intercessor
  • Law giver
  • Military Commander
  • Judge
  • Priest
  • One of the 5 servants of God recorded in the Bible
But God singled one, when He intervened on Moses behalf.
  • My servant Moses is not like this; he is faithful in all my house. 8 With him I will speak face to face, openly, and not in riddles; and he will see the form of the Lord. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?” (Numbers 12:6-8)
Favour with man - Example - Jesus

He loved the people
  • He went out of His way
  • He spent time with them
  •  He touched them
  • He ate with them
  • He spoke to them
Is there a formula for God's favour? - Love and faithfulness

Tonight Jeya and I leave for New Delhi, India. Please keep us in your prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The God Who Sees Me

When faith shines brighter than victory

Weekend at Kiros Cornerstone Church, Berastagi, Indonesia