Recounting God's goodnes

Finally we are checked in for departure for Singapore. Our last trip for the year 2016 has almost been completed. We had a great week in Agra and Delhi. I am penning this thoughts sitting in the aircraft, 39,000ft above the ground and bound for home. All I can say is, "Thank you Jesus"

In spite of the uncertainties that followed after CM Jayalaitha's death and the smoggy weather conditions in Delhi and Agra, God had protected us, including Bro Rubern in Tamil Nadu. All praise  to our Lord and Savior Jesus alone. 

The two days leadership seminar in Agra was well received. On the second day we had 75 participants. The feedback was good. Our host in Agra, Pst Raul John, a young man of 26 years, impressed us much. Very matured and on fire for the Lord. This is the first time in our mission trip in India, we did not have to contribute a single cent for the seminar. All the expenses for the seminar and our stay were taken care of by Pst Raul and his team.


 I was pleasantly surprised by the faith and generosity of this young man who has great potential for the ministry. He is a pastor and also runs a small business to support his family and the ministry expenses. In a country where the majority of church workers are looking out for handouts,  it was reassuring to find a young man who sets the right model. Praise God for this example. Even his younger brother Deepak, aged 20, also showed great maturity and honesty, a trait that is fast disappearing, even amongst senior pastors.  How I wished I had such people in my team, passionate and trustworthy. 

This is my first trip to Uttar Pradesh. I am told this is also one of the backward states in India with less than 2% believers. Great potential for church planting work. My heart's desire is that we would start church planters training program here. Prayer point.

I found Delhi to be a nice place, garden like and clean. Our stay in a 5 star hotel was really meant as a treat for Jeya who has always been a faithful partner in most of my journeys, oftentimes staying motels and cheap accommodations due to budget constraints. One thing I have learn, at least from my experience, only your wife will stay with you till the end. Friends will all fall by the wayside. In spite of all the differences, your wife will be here till the end. I truly thank God for my wife. 

During our short stay in Delhi, we met Gp Cpt David James and his wife, Bro Babu James older brother. They were kind snd humble and took us around for shopping. Praise God for such wonderful people in Delhi.

Later in the evening we visited Pst Satish and his family in Dwarka Sector 21, quite close to the airport. I last met Pst Sathish in Jaigaon about four years ago. We had good fellowship discussing ministry plans. 

I pray that Gid will open doors and like minded people to start another work in MP. We need to move in before time runs out. How my heart hurts. If only we can all align our priorities in accordance with God's, much can be achieved in the field. 

Bihar is another place, my hearts yearns to plant churches. God help me before this pain consumes me.

We touched down Singapore at about 6pm. All glory to God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory