Wise saying

I sought neither preeminence, glory, nor riches; my honor was that Jesus Christ should reign - John Knox 

John Knox who lived in the 16th century, was the leader of the Protestant Reformation. He was a key leader in Scotland and was instrumental in bringing about the reformation in the Presbyterian church. 

John Knox was a man of prayer. One of the famous prayers that is often attributed to him was, “Give me Scotland, or I die” .  It was an intense passionate plea for the salvation of the people of Scotland. His prayer also echoes the Apostle Paul’s prayer in Romans 10:1, “my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.” 

May the Lord give us the same passion for the lost souls, especially those who have ever heard the gospel in remote places.

This great man of God, in spite of all the achievements for the Kingdom, says in humility, "my honour was that Jesus Christ should reign".

Wasn't it the same sentiments that Paul expressed in 1 Cor 10:31So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

And in Philippians 1:21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

I think a few values will life will enable us to make such statement.:

  • Humility in life - Ephesians 4:2 - Be completely humble.
  • A Christ entered life - Proverbs 3:3-5 - In all your ways, acknowledge Him.
  • An eternity focused life - Philippians 3:14 -I press on toward the goal to win the prize

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory