Sunrise at Pondicherry

This morning I was asked to be ready by 4AM. Bishop Thomas drove me to Pondicherry ( almost two hours drive), not for a preaching assignment, but to relax at the beach and view the sunrise over the Bay of Bengal. 

I was quite reluctant to go because of the back pain I had been nursing for the last few days. But I was glad that I made the trip.

The pathway along beach was crowded with many joggers and those on their daily walk and exercise, but for me it was an opportunity to behold the masterpiece of God's creation. The sunrises never fail to amaze me of God's exquisite workmanship. 

  • Psalms 19:1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship.

I think the Lord provided me an opportunity to rest, relax, rejuvenate and reflect on this trip. The last five weeks have been terribly busy. I was in five differnt churches over the last five weekends. In addition to my own office work and the shifting of my mother's house. It took a toll and I desperately needed a break.

The Lord reminded me gently, "I am not a superman". I felt like Elijah taken by the Spirit to the lonely mountain in Horeb. "There are 7000 more"

But I was assured by Him:

  • 2 Cor 12:9Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 
The God who has the eyes on the sparrow, has His eyes me too. "Be still and know"

Tomorrow, I head for Chennai early morning. I have been invited to speak in two sessions in a church there. 

Later I head for the airport and back home.

God is good indeed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory