"My Grace is sufficient...."

It had been a hectic four weeks. The fault is purely mine and I am not justifying myself. I had overloaded myself with too many appointments that I had hardly time "to breathe".

Two overseas travels, four speaking engagements in other churches, the 7 Churches in Asia Conference and teaching sessions for Pakistan CPs almost everyday in the week. 

That's not all I was also shifting my mom from her home in Sembawang to her new house in Woodlands. That involved a lot of physical and administrate coordination. 

And I was also working in the office (mostly night shifts).

Not forgetting the many coordinations with my overseas coordinators, preparing for sermons and....the list goes on.

And just a few days, A very close missions partner of ours, Rev James Ng, passed on and went into eternal home.

Sometimes, you just want to do as much as you can, reach more people you can and see the kingdom of God expand.

I lost out on my regular exercises, hardly had any time for rest and it began to take a toll on me. Tired and exhausted but the outside world was oblivious. 😖

I could have planned better and I knew, prior to these four weeks, it's really going to be challenging and cannot be accomplished by human strength. 

"Don't think you are a superhero", remarked one of my friends. Rev James Ng, a few days before he passed on said, "Brother don't burn your candle at every end".🤣

I know.....I deserve it.

I prayed, "Lord help me through." Every task is important. Many lives need to be touched.

As I sit in my study this morning and as I look back, I realised, to the glory of God,  I was able to accomplish most of the tasks. 

I am reminded of the Lord's assurance to the Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:9 - “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Truly His grace saw me through. What a good, good God we serve. 

But look at what Paul says in the earlier epistle:

1 Corinthians 15:10 - But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out his special favor on me—and not without results. For I have worked harder than any of the other apostles; yet it was not I but God who was working through me by his grace. 

I am also thinking, haven't we rested enough? Haven't we wasted time enough, when we really know there is so much to be done for the Kingdom of God? 🤔

The roller coster ride is not over yet. This week as many challenges too but I know He goes before me and will prepare every step of the way.

I will be a bit smarter next time but Jeya always says, "It's difficult to change you"🤣

Special thanks to those who have been praying for me. The Lord bless you all.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory