Ezekiel 9:4-6 - My personal reflection

Ezekiel 9:4-6 - and said to him, “Go throughout the city of Jerusalem and put a mark on the foreheads of those who grieve and lament over all the detestable things that are done in it.”As I listened, he said to the others, “Follow him through the city and kill, without showing pity or compassion. Slaughter the old men, the young men and women, the mothers and children, but do not touch anyone who has the mark. Begin at my sanctuary.” So they began with the old men who were in front of the temple. 

I see God segregating those who have grieved and lamented over all the detestable things that are done in the city. These people will not be destroyed. But the rest are to be slaughtered and it started from those in leadership.

As I reflect this scripture with the current situation, I see God trying to look for a group of people who will grieve and lament over what is going around usSo many things are happening around us:

  • Covid crisis, both in Singapore and especially in India and Malaysia
  • We have our "Sanballats and Tobiahs" 
  • We have people hurting and sick

The question I asked myself: have I really grieved and lamented over these matters? Good that we have the regular small group of intercessors coming to pray. 

Question is am I doing enough?. Maybe I making this as just another prayer request before the Lord.  Like Bro Babu James in his Sunday morning message asked this question, “Do we really come and weep in the presence of God for what is happening around us” 

Do I feel the heart of God, His pain, His love for lost humanity? Or am I only seeing it from the end?

The word used in Ezekiel is “grief and lament”. I am reminded of how Jesus interceded during His time on this earth:

Hebrews 5:7 During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.

I realised I have not been doing enough. But will start today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory