Pray for your enemies

One of the things, that I do quite frequently is to pray for "my enemies". Not that I love to do it  ðŸ˜‡ðŸ˜‡ but the Lord commanded us to do so.  They are not "enemies as in real enemies". While we still talk and even laugh, there is always a gap because of what has happened in the past. I guess probably I am not the only one in this category. I am sure most of us would fit the bill.

Matthew 5:43-47 - “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

And I am still learning to mean what I pray. 

Today as I was praying again for "my enemies", I realised that the number is gradually increasing. Hmmm.  And the other thing, I noticed that they were all from the "same cloth" - CHRISTIANS. Strangely my non-christian friends don't have this problem with me.

😕Looks like I need to repent and set my relationships in order.💬

But as I was in meditation this morning the Lord reminded me of this verse in Isaiah 53:12 - ...because he poured out his life unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors.

Jesus not only had many enemies but he was considered a thief and was crucified between two thieves. He was counted as a transgressor.

Those words hit me like a rock. 

I then realised what Jesus had to go through for me. The son of God, seen as a thief, took my sin, so that I might be adopted as a child of God. 

If Jesus had to walk this path, should we be troubled that we too need to walk in this path? If God has forgiven us, and if we have made right our faults, there is no need to fret or live in repression. 

There are so many things of the kingdom to be attended too. Do what is necessary, the unnecessary are not worth our time and effort. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory