First trip to Europe


Jeya and I finally left Singapore for Helsinki on 8 Aug night. But first the stop will be at London. We have about 10 hrs transit time and we thought we would visit our friends John and Sheba and see a few places of interest.

I had always wanted to visit the UK, especially London. They were our colonial masters you know. But London always had a special place of interest for me. The literature that I studied in school, the royal family that I closely follow and my law degree from the University of London, always etched a desire ti visit this place.

So the day finally came, when Jeya and I landed at Heathrow on 9 Aug at about 0530 hrs. First time I am away from Singapore on our National day. Every year it has been "official duty".

What a joy to see John, Sheba and young Josh at Heathrow. 

We went to their home in Wembley were we met John's parents. So good to see them too. Good Indian breakfast and a hot wash-up before we went to visit some places of interest.
Buckingham Palace
Of course the Buckingham Place is a "must see". John and Sheba were so kind to bring us all to some of the historic sights, We were indeed so blessed by this wonderful couple. Their humility and passion was simply overwhelming. I wished they had remained in Singapore and in PEC. 

It was a  good experience traveling on the "TUBE". Always heard about it but now we were on it. 
Parliament House
We made it back to the airport in good time for the next historic pat of the journey, Finland. 
Westminster Abbey
Sitting at Heathrow and thanking God for off-loading some more items from my bucket list. To God be the glory.
St Paul's Cathedral

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory