Final Sunday in Helsinki

Jeya went back home yesterday as she did not have enough leave. I stayed back because of the speaking engagement on Sunday. I thank God for her, especially for her patience and understanding.  I am not an easy person to live with. You need exceptional grace to be around me.

This morning, I was invited to speak at an African service in Helsinki. About 30 Africans had gathered and I was blessed during their worship, the African style. 

After I spoke almost everyone came forward for prayer and the Spirit of the Lord moved powerfully in releasing a word of knowledge. 

After the service I spoke separately with the leaders and encouraged them with the work they are doing in Helsinki. Wished I had a few more days to encourage these group of men.

In the evening we joined the Saalem Church service. I was introduced in the service and I met some of the old missionaries who has been to Singapore. I met Bro Emmanuel and his wife. He was the son of Captain Yuriola of the ship Ebednezar. They had been in PEC before and have spoken in our church. It was really a joy to see all of them and to know that the missions favor in Finland is still vibrant and extensive. 
Bro Emmanuel and his wife. On the right is their son Mikal Yurola, the pastor of Saalem Church
They churches in Finland I had visited, really embrace their missionaries with much love, favor and prayers. They are treated with much respect and well taken care off. Some of the missionaries are just doing social work, but nonetheless the respect and honor given to them is tremendous. when I looked back at our own church,  the way we treat our missionaries, its appalling. May God help us.

The day ended with praying for one of Tomi's friends who lived in the neighborhood. She had a medical condition and we prayed for her healing. 

Tomorrow I leave for Singapore. Satisfied with the trip and thanking God for the opportunity. I really thank God for Tomi, a wonderful brother with a strong passion for God and should principles. Glad that I had time to be a blessing to him as well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory