Going home

I am in Helsinki airport, waiting for departure to London and then to Singapore.

It has been a good trip or rather a good rest I must say. Time with Tomi was good as I learnt to understand him better and to see his heart for God and missions. He is a good man.

The migrant congregations are lively and on fire. The same cannot be said of the Finnish churches. Lukewarm would be a better description, at least the churches I had visited.

Spiritually Finland is going down the rocks. I guess its the same with all the European countries. What's sad is that the gospel came to us from Finland and today that fervor  is lacking. Thank God for organizations like FIDA, where the missionary zeal is still flourishing but I am not sure to what extend it is involved in preaching the gospel. What I hear is that it is  more social in nature. 

Not sure if I would come back again but at least I go satisfied that missionaries are still being sent out from Finland. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory