Kolkata and Patna

Before departure at Changi airport
We arrived Kolkatta an hour late. Checked into a nearby hotel for the night. Very few people speak English here and so if you want to take a cab, make sure you have some knowledge of Hindi, otherwise you will be taken for a ride, like we were. But no worries, the dsmage will negligible. 
Arrival at Patna
We arrived Patna on 4th Sep morning. Pst Raji was at the airport to meet us. Patna was warm and humid. But the love and warmth shown by Pst Raji's famil was more than overwhelming. Very impressed to see the work done by Pst Raji, especially the way he runs the CP Training Centre. Very systematic and organised.

Later in the evening evening we had the graduation of the 1st batch of the students trained in Bihar. In the beginning there were about 22 students but many fell out along the way and finally only 8 graduated. 

In my addrees to the people who had gathered, about fifty of them, I reminisced  my journey to Bihar. I came to Bihar, together with Bishop Nehemiah, about two years ago, impressed by the promptings of the Holy Spirit to start a training centre there. But my encounters with some of the christian leaders was disastrous. They did not speak the truth, wanted control and were just after your money. There was no truth in them and one even was living immorally. One did not even show up, having vehemently promised to do so.

In great disappointment I was about to make my way back to Spore, thinking that I may have heard the Lord wrongly. It was at this time Pst Samuel Sharma called and I told him my sad experiences. He told me not to worry and he will get someone in Bihar to contact me. This was how I got connected with Dr Judith, a dentist. She and her medical doctor husband have settled in Bihar for about fifteen years and are also serving the Lord there. 
With Dr Judith
Dr Judith was such a humble and hospitable lady. She sympathised with us and took me and Bishop Nehemiah for lunch. As we had no other program, after lunch she showed us around Bihar. As we were riding in her car, she suggested  that we meet a friend of hers, who is also doing missionary work in Bihar. I obliged, not that I was keen but I had nothing else to do in Bihar. She brought me to Dr Raji's house and the rest was history. 
With Dr Rji, wife and his mother
I believe that it was God's divine appointment that I met both Dr Judith and Dr Raji. If not for them, we would not have started this training program. After meeting these people, I realised that God still has a remnant in Bihar.

I realised that sometime when we are serving God wholeheartedly, even when we go off tract, the Lord will realign us somehow. It was so evident in the lives of Abraham, Issac and the other patriarchs. It was also evident here. We tried to connect with the wrong people but the Lord intervened. 

The graduation ceremony was simple yet meaningful. Bro Albert shared the Word. We prayed for the graduates and dedicated them for the Lord's service. 

It was another historic moment for PEC and for me. "Enlarge my tent"...Praising God for the new beginning. All things work for God. Expecting to see what God can do theiugh these young CPs. To God be the glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory