God's General


It was  with sadness that I heard of the passing of Nabeel Qureshi. He passed away on 16 Sep after a year long battle with stomach cancer. He leaves behind a wife and a two year old daughter.

Sure, there will be the many questions why?? No answer will be satisfactory. I asked the same when my brother and his wife were taken away at an early age, when they were at the climax of their ministry. I guess we will find out when we cross to the other shore. 

There were so much of reflection on the life of this young man. Only 34 years old but he has accomplished so much in his short life time. Brilliant apologist and a true warrior for the Lord, won thousands from the Muslim faith to the Lord.

What an achievement, what a warrior. This is what Ravi Zacharias said of him in his blog:

"Qureshi was not just an evangelical; he was passionately evangelistic. He desired to cover the globe with the good news that God’s forgiveness was available to all. I have seldom seen a man with such deep conviction and proportionate passion and gifting. When he spoke, he held audiences spellbound."

Having read his story, I am challenged to do more with my remaining years or days as the Lord may give. My only prayer is I will finish well as he did. We don't have time and we can't sit still. I believe that 's what Nabeel would tell the church today.

 There's a land that is fairer than day,
and by faith we can see it afar;
for the Father waits over the way
to prepare us a dwelling place there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory