Another historic beginning. How it began....

My heart bursts with joy at seeing the realization of another church planters training centre. This is a dream come true. The vision to start a church planting movement  in this state was birthed in 2015  If you have read about the history of Bihar, it was called the "missionary's graveyard". Many saints were martyred in this state. The state is very backward and poor and desperately in need of a saviour.

On 5th Mar 2015, I posted the following on Facebook: Bihar, once known as the missionaries graveyard, will become the missions vineyard. From the valley of dry bones will rise a vast army (Ezekiel 37).

And because the impression from the Lord was so strong, we started a batch of CP training in Kanniyakumari for students from Bihar. Pst John Signey helped to coordinate this. But that was a disappointment. Men from Bihar, who claimed to be servants of God, simply could not be trusted. It was money and fame they were after but no passion for the work. 

With the help of sincere committed servants of God, Bro Albert and his wife Josephine, we did manage to train one batch in Kanniyakumari. and sent them back to Bihar.

I remember last year May, I was in Bihar with Bishop Nehemiah, trying to visit the church planters and also to find a man of peace with whom I can connect to start what God had placed in my heart, I was terribly disappointed again. The person who was supposed to meet me, did not show up, because he realized my focus was different from his. Tried all means to contact others we knew, but to no avail. They had their own hidden agenda.. Could not find a reliable person. Even the one who was highly recommended by a fellow missionary, was found wanting.


But God directed our paths. The steps of the good man are ordered by the Lord (Ps 37:23). I found this to be true on that trip.

 I was about to turn away in disgust and disappointment, by divine appointment, the Lord brought  Dr Raji on our path. I have never met him before. That connection too came through Dr Judith, a friend of Rev Samuel Sharma, who knowing my desperation, tried all his best to connect me with some one.

Dr Judith, a dentist and her husband, a medical doctor, work in Bihar and served in a Nepali church in Patna. I heard a lot of good things about this couple and how God had used them to start a Nepali work. This couple was like a a breath of fresh air. 

Dr Judith was kind enough to take time off her hectic schedule to meet us. She sympathized with me, when she heard of my frustrations with the people I met in Bihar. Since we had some time for the evening, she took us around Patna. While driving around, she suddenly said, "I want you to meet a pastor friend of mine". Since I had nothing to do or lose, I said ok.


That's how I met Dr Raji and his family and the home he runs for underprivileged girls. The picture shows the girls looked after by Dr Raji and his wife. He heard my plight and said he will commit the matter in prayer. One thing led to another. Discussions, correspondences and prayer.


I was back again in Bihar in end Jul 16 to teach on leadership for pastors and leaders and we discussed about this church planting training program. Dr Raji said he would help. There are still good men and women in Bihar. 


Today that vision has taken form. Its another historic milestone for PEC. New CP training centre in Patna, Bihar. 11 students start their journey to be the CPs of the future for Bihar. Glory to our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Special thanks to Dr Raji James and his team of facilitators. Grateful to Bishop Nehemiah for representing PEC at the inauguration. Not forgetting Bro Albert Pang and his dear wife Josephine Wong for their passion and commitment for missions.

Psalms 126:3 -The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. To God alone be the glory. 
The faculty with Dr Raji James

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory