Reflections - 2010

The year has fast come to an end. Its Christmas tomorrow. New year is just a week away. How time flies.

This Christmas is different from the rest. First time our daughter Jessica is away. She just completed her training in YWAM in Richmond and leaving for Chile on 26 Dec for missions exposure.

As I take stock of my life (so should you), I bow in humble adoration to God, and proclaim "Great is Thy faithfulness." Lamentation 3:23.

Many years back, when reviewing the past year's accomplishments, I always groan in regret, that I have not done what I was supposed to do. Many resolutions not kept, many promptings not responded and many lives not touched. And that has been the testimonies of many who always regret for the wasted opportunities. This year and the recent past years have been different. I recall the many Pastors/Leaders/believers whose lives have been touched, the many lives that have responded to the gospel and the many churches/cells that have been established. I bow in God's presence, "Lord You have enabled me to do what You wanted me to do. What next Lord." What a feeling, what an achievement.

I thank God for the many people who have given sacrificially for the work. Some in very difficult situation yet giving to the mission work. Some fighting against deadly diseases yet never failing in their monthly support. It has been said that often the poor and the widows are the ones who support the mission work. I have found that to be true. I praise God for the leadership in Praise Evangelical Church which has so graciously supported all our endeavours.

I am blessed with good leaders in India. Bishop Nehemiah, PST John Signey and PST Samuel Sharma, our three coordinators in India. Faithful men who discharge their duties with such passion and vision. Its difficult to find men like them. I thank God for all the people who are associated with us in fulfilling our vision and mission.

I thank God for a godly wife and loving children who have been patiently with all my trips and dealing in the ministry.

Of course there were many challengers this year but God has seen us though all. Glory to His Name.

The new year brings many challengers too. We have set new goals and new frontiers. It calls for greater sacrifice of time and money. More villages need to hear the gospel, more people need to be trained and more churches need to be established. In Phi 3: 12-14, Paul say, "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

May God help us not to be satisfied with the glories of the past but to press on to higher heights and achievements for the King. This is my prayer and longing for the New Year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory