Dad's First Anniversary

Yesterday we remembered our Dad's first anniversary in church. I read the following during the evening service.

"17 Dec 2010 marks the first anniversary of my Dad's passing into Glory. My family has, by God's grace and the prayer of saints, moved on and are managing with his absence. Yet we do miss him. Every time we come to church, his favourite seat remains empty. It used to be occupied by one of PEC's patriarchs. Sometimes he slumbers on the seat after a tiring night shift duty at work but his belief that God's house must be honoured on the Lord's day at any cost, kept him faithful to his covenant.

The home is still vibrant with his legacy. As I was going through his papers, I was amazed how meticulously he had kept his documents and had done all that was required for my mom and sister. My sister has displayed Dad's pictures all over the house and sometimes it makes you feel that he is still around. But it is also a soft reminder that our turn will soon come. With the remaining time we have, lets live it up for God and his Kingdom.

My father had been a strong supporter of missions, always contributing to my mission trips. That legacy has now been taken over by my mom and sister. Someone recently prayed over us and prophetically said that missions run in our family and the generations to follow. As I recount our involvement in missions, I am pleased to note that even the 3rd generation is showing keen interest in missions. Our daughter Jessica will be going to Chile after Christmas for missions exposure. I know the rest will follow suit. I am sure my Dad will rejoice in heaven when he gets to hear the news. Our prayer echoes the words of my Dad and which is also found in Joshua 24:15 - "But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord"

Thank you all for you prayers, gifts and kind words that you showered upon us during the bereavement. We really appreciate all you have done. God bless you."

ALL GLORY TO GOD.

Comments

  1. Sir
    What a joy to have such dad who have given the valuable teachings and making a potential leader like you for the work of our Lord in Fulfilling the great commission.
    It is always unforgettable and always need to remember people like him who have heart for his children.
    I am so sorry, I don,t know how fathers and mothers are, they passed away when i was two and fourteen.
    Thank God you have very good and pious religious father who left legacy for his children.
    Praise be to HIM and HIM alone.
    samuel
    Bhutan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory