There's a name you can trust

When there is no one to turn to for help, no place to run to hide, no medication to heal your wounds and no one to hold on for comfort, there is a NAME you can trust - JESUS 

“The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭9:9-10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

What caught my attention was the phrase "those who know your name"

I was reminded of the verse in Pro 18:10 - The name of the LORD is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

God is someone who we can trust and depend on. No matter how bad the situation, God will see us through. 

Question is - Do you know the name the Lord?. It's more than just mere knowledge. It is a personal relationship. 

Jesus said in John 14:10 -   “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me.

And again in John 10:27 - My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Thos who have this personal living relationship with Jesus are the ones who know His name and this promise belongs to them. Hallelujah. 

You too can have this relationship, when you repent of your sins and when you ask the Lord Jesus to become the Lord of your life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory