The passing of another saint


It was with sadness that I received the news of the passing of Pst David Cheng, senior pastor of Emmanuel Baptist Church. He succumbed to Covid19. 


I first met Pst Cheng in Penang when he attended the Haggai National Seminar. I did not get to interact with him much during that time. 

Later he invited me to his church. Last May I was there in Kuching and took the subject of Biblical Mandate. He came to the airport to pick me up. He looked serious but soon I discovered how humble and passionate he was for the Lord. We had a wonderful three days of meetings in his church. Both he and his wife took me out for meals and I really found them to have such a heart for God that is unique. They had a "different spirit", like Caleb of old. He was funny too and the NextGen got along with him very well. Good people and true servants of God are hard to come by these days. I am glad I met him. 

I will miss him but not for long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory