Covid19 - When it threatens you and your household

It's always reality check when a crisis come close to you and your loved ones. The serenity is usually not disturbed much  if someone else is in the storm, But when you or your loved ones come close to one, or are already in one, then the emotional thermostat readings fluctuate according to one trust and commitment in God.  It's in times like this when your faith and trust is challenged and questioned. To me this is another in my journey. "My times are in Your  hands".. Psalms 31:15

This morning I was called by the nearby polyclinic to come down for a test. The nurse told me that I am a close contact of a positive Covid19 patient. On 16 Mar I had been to the polyclinic for a persistent cough that was troubling me for the last two months. On 16 Mar the doctor told me that my cough was not related to Covid19.

When I arrived at the clinic, I was informed that on 16 Mar, I was seated in a waiting area where a person was tested positive for Covid19. The clinic also did not know until the test results were out.

Since I was a close contact, I went for a swap test and the results will be out in 2-4 days. I am given 5days medical leave with a lot of restrictions on my movement. 

All things work for good.... But I am trying to understand how all these will fit. I am a Covid 19 suspect. Jeya (my wife is a nurse) is working and treating Covid19 patients and Jessica (our daughter is a medical doctor)  is in the frontline dealing with Covid patients in New York. 

I am reminded of the prayer of King Jehoshaphat in 2 Chronicles 20:
  • verse 6 the God of our ancestors, are you not the God who is in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you. 
  • verse 7Did you not drive out the inhabitants of this land before your people Israel and give it forever to the descendants of Abraham your friend?
  • verse 11 - Our God, will you not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.
He did it in the past, He is doing it now and He will do it in the future.

A mighty fortress is our God....3rd sentra

And though this world, with devils filled,
Should threaten to undo us,

We will not fear, for God hath willed

His truth to triumph through us:
The Prince of Darkness grim,
We tremble not for him;
His rage we can endure,
For lo! his doom is sure,
One little word shall fell him.

I declare Psalms 91:10-11 over my family: no evil will conquer you, no plague will come near your home.11 For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. To keep you in all your ways.

Comments

  1. This is the best faith report one can hear from the heat of the furnace (Covid 19).In all ways God is using you in a phenomenal way bro.We are backing you up in prayers 🙏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory