If the tree can only speak , A reflection of Jeremiah 17:7-8

A tree is known by its fruit,
A good tree produces good fruit
A bad fruit is often despised
A barren tree,  not worth the time
Cut it off, don’t let it burden the ground
The master would say

But a good fruit from a good tee, no one can resist
A sweet fragrant fruit,
Don't give it a miss
But wondered why the fruit?
A question we take for granted
A tree never enjoys its own fruit
Strange

If the tree could only speak,
It would say:
It’s not for me, but for you (Gen1:29)
I am planted by the waters,
My roots have sunk deep,
I am not worried of the drought
Or the heat of the day,
Because the Lord is my trust and hope,
He prunes, me
So that I bear good lasting fruit, for others to enjoy
So go ahead and make my day,
I am just fulfilling His command to be fruitful and multiply,

But wait,

Wanting you to eat my fruit,
Is really an ulterior intention
There is another higher motivation
You see , within the fruit is a seed
I want the goodness in me, the Lord’s goodness rather,
Be taken elsewhere
I want to be a blessing to the nations
As he told us to,
Blessed to be a blessing (Gen 12:3, Mat 5:16)

So please when you have eaten the fruit
Don’t throw the seed,
Plant it elsewhere, even to the regions beyond
That many will come to know,
Not my goodness
But His goodness, love and His salvation

We are the tree

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory