Promise verse for Jul 17

What a joy to see more than 40 people attend the extended time of prayer last night. I shared on the promise verse and it is found in Psalms 30:11 -You have changed my sadness into a joyful dance;  you have taken away my sorrow and surrounded me with joy (GNT). 

Another translation says, Thou hast turned my mourning into joy: thou hast loosed my sack, and girded me with gladness. (GNV)

In this Psalm David mentions at least five areas which were the cause of his mourning:

1.   People were the cause of his mourning.
  •  Verse 1- you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over
2.   Sickness was the course of his mourning
  •  Verse 2 - I called to you for help, and you healed me.
3.   His circumstances were the cause of his mourning
  • Verse 3 - O Lord, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
4.   His own sins seems to be the cause of his mourning
  • Verse 5 For his anger lasts only a moment
5.   His emotional problems seem to be the cause of his mourning
  • Verse 5 - weeping may stay for the night
But in all these situations, God turned his mourning into joy.  And God will do the same for us in the month of Jul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory