Deception in disguise

I was shocked and terribly ashamed of myself when I reviewed my recent messages. They smelt of pride and arrogance, although it was coated with scriptures of high sounding rebuke for the listeners.

What has become of me? I don't know. I was august when I heard myself. Thanks to technology. I am beginning to sound a bit high-handed, a bit self righteous and very critical. 

Pro 16:18 -Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

Yes, I knew all those this but how subtly it crept into me with me noticing it. I realised some statements from the pulpit was judgmental, rash and left people feeling condemned. 

Well it brought me to my knees to ask God for help and to "renew a right spirit within me". 

The irony is that is comes in so subtly and you don't get any warning from others. The Holy Spirit does prick my conscience but that is dismissed as being "too sensitive".

On thing I realised is that we who preach the Word need to be constantly examined by the Word so that we don't fall into the same fate of the examples we read in teh Bible, like King Saul.

We must take the warning from God's word in Pro 16:18 -"The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverted mouth, I hate.

Help me God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory