Sunday in PEC

We had a good turn out for both the services yesterday. I spoke at both services. My subject was "the Just shall live by faith" as taken from the Book of Habakkuk.


After giving a short overview of the book, I shared on what does it mean "the just shall live by faith". I provided the following suggestions:

1.   It means Trusting God when trusting seems difficult - 2:4
  • Example -  Abraham
2.   It means to Know God in control when there seems to be no control – 2:20
  • Example Joseph
Although we may not have the answers to many questions in life, we can rest assured that God is in control and He will fulfil the purposes and plans for our lives.

That's why in spite of the many questions Habakkuk cased the Lord, he eventually came to the conclusion in 3:17-18:
Though the fig tree does not bud
    and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
    and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
    and no cattle in the stalls,
18 

yet I will rejoice in the Lord,    I will be joyful in God my Savior.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory