Graduation


Today was the graduation for the 14 church planters and the 8 B.Th students. It was held at the Methodist Church in downtown Yangon. Built in 1870;s the building boasts of the British heritage and architecture. 


The ceremony was very formal but dignified. Very orderly and well rehearsed. Rev Dr John Yen from Singapore gave an inspiring message for the graduating students. About 150 family and friends attended the ceremony. I presented the certificates to the graduates from the church planters course. Praise God to see another batch trained for His glory.

I also met Pst David Ling, one of the participants from Maui in the meeting. What a joy to meet him after 5 years and to hear of the exciting things God is doing.

The next task is to identify  who can be supported for church planting work from this batch. The next most difficult thing will be to find sponsors for them and also a sponsor for the next batch which is due to start in Aug. Praying that God will open hearts to respond to fulfilling the great commission.

Later in the evening I visited the Indian village one of our church planters is working in. I had been there before but this time, my emotions took the better of me. Angry, sad, frustrated to the point of being abusive, to see human beings treated like dirt. Sometime in times like these, I can't help but ask, "Is God fair". Yes it wrong...but I can't help it.


Children sick with diverse diseases, drinking polluted water, no sense of hygiene, no thought of the future. Is life worth living? Questions like these rumbled across my mind as I left the place. The pastor who brought me there in a cab which he negotiated for $15. While paying the fare, the Indian pastor said, "Sir we will give him $3 more". He is a nice man". I offered to give but the Pastor said NO."I will give Sir". I just don't get it. This pastor is already so poor, living from hand to mouth. Yet so generous.

I returned to my room and told my guests to excuse me from dinner. "I have had a long day. My emotions are killing me".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory