An Indian village in Myanmar, isolated from society.


My recent trip to Myanmar was more painful than the previous trips. I visited this Indian village where one of our church planters is working. I have been there before, but really didn't have the time to see and observe the real situation there. This time I was alone and had time to interact with the people.

Most of them lived in huts, not fit even for animals to live in. Extremely poor with no proper identification papers. Most of them are daily rated workers, working in construction or other odd jobs, making about $1-3 a day, that is , if they can get work. A three meal a day is a luxury. 

I was appalled to learn that many kids in the village have kidney problems at a very young age. Some were suffering from liver and other organ failures. One of the reasons, I discovered was the quality of their drinking water. It was brown in colour. No proper filtering of water. the kids don't go to school an the government does not care for them. They don't even get married....

All this happening in our 21st century and not far from Yangon. I was told there are other Indian villages like that in the district. 


The church planter tells me that these people do not have any hope from the government or the rich people. The only hope they have found is in Christ Jesus and when they sing to the Lord, its from their hearts. He and his team are reaching out to at least 50 families. 

We need to pray and see how best we can help these people. If some NGOs can go in to see how best they can be helped? Hope someone can take this up as a project. 

Romans 9:2-4I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, those of my own race, the people of Israel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory