If you can't built, don't destroy

This is what my respected friend, a godly servant of God, Dr P J John Johney said his father told him. And how true it is.

In 1 Cor 11:22-28, Paul recounts the sufferings he had do undergo for the sake of the gospel, including those from his "fellow Jews". In our current context they refer to people from our church or from a christian background. My experience in the last few years in ministry has proved this to be true. If we do God’s work in God’s way, we will have opponents. Most of the time these are the ones who will not contribute or do nothing in the church. 

As we read the scriptures, we find men of God, all faced resistance, accusations and opposition from fellow believers.  Moses had Aaron and Miriam against him, his brothers tried to Joseph, Nehemiah had his San-ballet and even our Lord Jesus had the pharisees. And they do this for various reasons. Some do it out out of jealousy, others out of frustrations and many think they are doling the Lord's will. In fact, the Pharisees thought they were obeying God when they cried "crucify Him", when in actual fact they were pawns in the hands of the devil. Many spread rumours or half-truths about us and who sow seeds of doubt concerning our motives.
If you are having a similar opposition, or accusation, don't be alarm. If they tried to destroy Jesus, they will certainly do it to those who labour for the Master. How do we respond to this "friendly fire".

First examine your own life and see if there is any correction that needs to be done. Our lives need to be in order. Daniel was such a man, Daniel 6: 4- the administrators and the satraps tried to find grounds for charges against Daniel in his conduct of government affairs, but they were unable to do so. They could find no corruption in him, because he was trustworthy and neither corrupt nor negligent.

Second, remember its the Lord's ministry. We are not building our kingdom but God's. Our Lord also went through a similar process and so did our fore-fathers. He is responsible for the defense. 

Third remember the Lords, promise in Isaiah 43:2 - When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. You will not be alone. 

Fourthly, follow Paul's example. Philippians 3:12-14 - I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back. [The Message Bible]

Lastly, dare to pray, "Father forgive them for they don't know what they are doing". 

God will handle the rest. Its only a matter of time you will see this fulfilled in your life. Psalms 23: 5 - You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

I have seen this happen in my live and again in the last few months, God has again proved His faithfulness.Press on.

I'm pressing on the upward way,
New heights I'm gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
"Lord, plant my feet on higher ground."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory