Its been 38 years together

 

How time flies and it was just like yesterday when we walked down the aisle. One thing we decided when we tied the knot. To serve the Lord all the days of our lives.

By His grace, we are still climbing the mountains and the valleys to do what the Lord wants us to do - End gospel poverty.

My journey on God's plan has not been easy. It was filled with more mountains than valleys, more pain than happiness. more sorrow than joy and more loneliness than crowds. 

Yet in the midst of all these, I can truly say the Lord has been my strength and shield. And my wife, a gift from God,  has been by my side through all these tumultuous terrain. How true the Word, "Two is better than one". It was not easy for Jeya, but she kept up well in the journey. Encouraging, praying and rebuking at times ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜ Being the source of comfort, wisdom and strength. 

Two differnt characters. I am the daring risk taker but she is the cautious  one. Both are essential for a balanced and fruitful marriage. When the two blend in harmony the end result is always right. Of course we owe our allegiance to the "tie that binds our heart in Christian love". He is our light, our strength and our song.

Today we are reaping the harvest and we can say with the psalmist, "You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows."

The one thing that held us together though all the storms in our lives,  is our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. He has been our refugee and strength and a very present help.

This tribute is for her. Words will do no justice to describe what she has been. 

I thank God for my wife and especially my children, I pray that they too will have someone of faith, courage and strength along their journey in life.


Same colours for the last 38 years. Can't go wrong. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory