Interesting conversation with little ones

We were having dinner and a few girls from the from Carmichael Girls Hostel sat behind us on the floor. This home, located in West Nepal, is the brainchild of Dr Mike Ong, to provide a decent environment and a future for under privileged kids, who otherwise would have never left their homes in the mountains in Jajarkot, Nepal. 


Apparently one of them had lost her lock key to her box and they were waiting for Pst Prem to help.



I decided to strike a conversation with them. I started showing them pictures of my family and they were so interested that they began to huddle around my phone. 

Then on of the girls said, "Uncle, please come to our hostel". Surprisingly these girls can speak reasonable English, as they are being tutored by teachers from Singapore via zoom (another outreach project by committed Christians).  


So Pst Prem and I walked over to their dorm. As I stepped in, immediately one of them (about 8 years old) grabbed a chair from the corner and asked me to sit, while the rest of them, sat in a circle on the floor.  (I would not have had such a reception or welcome from kids in Singapore...I think). I was moved by their kind hospitality.


I told them a story about a girl who trusted God in her life and eventually became a doctor. Told them that God had good plans for them and that they are all special. God can do the same for them as well. It was about 10PM but all the girls were listening attentively. 


I prayed for them. They all knelt on the cold floor with eyes fervently locked in sincere prayer. 


Lesson for me. God honours those who honour HIm.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory