Haggai National Seminar, Ipoh 3-4 Jun

 It was my joy and privilege to facilitate the subject of BME for this seminar held at Canning Garden Baptist Church.

I almost missed the flight to Ipoh on 3 Jun. The departure was at 6:30AM and at 5:15 AM, I was still on my bed, praying, until Jonathan reminded me that I had a flight to catch. It was a mad rush but thank God, I was one of the last passengers to board the flight and I arrived Ipoh in good time.

This is my first visit to Ipoh although I have passer by it many years before but never got an opportunity to stay there. Ipoh is a a city in the valley surrounded by beautiful mountains. It's a laid back city, green and tranquil. I liked it there. Less people, less traffic and abundance of good and cheap food. I was told that it's a city for retired people as most young people leave for KL and Singapore to find jobs. 

I noticed that there are many churches scattered all over the city. Many need to be reached with the gospel.

About 30 participants attend the seminar. Many of them are young professionals and that is very exciting. The Spirit of the Lord moved powerfully during the sessions and many were touched. 

I pray that they will be the powerhouse of evangelism and missions for the this generation. I was specially moved when I heard from one of the participants, a young Chinese engineer, who had translated the gospel into Tamil, using software. He then goes to the rural rubber estates that have predominantly Tamils and shares the gospel wth them. A passion to reach the lost with the gospel of Jesus Christ. May the Lord kindle this holy fire in many more young people of today.

It was also an opportunity to meet like minded friends who shared the same passion for evangelism and missions. 

And see who I met in Ipoh. Pst Steven and his wife Flora. Even though it was just a short while, it was so good catching up. Blessed to have known this family.

Returned home this morning.Thanking God for the opportunity to impact lives in Ipoh. To God be the glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory