Haggai Leaders' Experience

This week I had the privilege to be part of the training program for 31 leaders from 21 different countries. The training was held at Lexis-Hibiscus Resort at Port Dickson. I was there from 18-28 Jun.

The hotel was the best I had every stayed. It was large, had its own private swimming pool and a steam bath. The view for the balcony was stunning. 

This is the first face to face session after Covid 19. During Covid it was done through zoom. The program has also been revamped. From 8 weeks in zoom, it has been trimmed to 2 weeks and the methodology has also been revised.  Now we had two facilitators taking the session together. Bro Ritchie Tay, the Malaysia Haggai Alumni President, was my co-facilitator. This time we did four session on 3 subjects. It took a lot of energy and preparation and we were totally dependant on the Holy Spirit. 

By God's grace our sessions went very well. The participants, most of them professionals and a few pastors, were young, matured and very interactive. I had the opportunity to deal with many of them on a one to one basis and I was amazed at their level of commitment, spiritual maturity and passion for the master. These men are all busy and hold senior positions in the secular world and yet they're  fervent and sincere. And they know the Word. Something you don't get to see around theses days. 

I also met up with the equipping team and other facilitators for the differnt subjects. I was so moved by their humility and passion for the Lord. All these men hold high office in the world, yet the character of Jesus was so evident in their lives. I felt very small.

It was my joy to meet Dr Bev and the rest of the equipping team. Theses have been my mentors and partners for the last many years. 

Pastor Steven and his wife Flora drove all the way from Klang to catch up. It was a joy. 

I learned so much during the week. Form the other facilitators and the participants. Let's not waste time fighting the small unnecessary battles but focus on what needs to be done for the kingdom. Fulfil the cultural mandate.

To God be the glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory