At Salem Chapel Singapore

Today I had the honour of sharing the Word at Salem Chapel, Singapore. Salem Chapel, is one of the churches that was started by the Finnish missionaries. The late Rev Ikonen who pioneered this work was also the one who solemnised  our wedding in 1986. Seemed like yesterday. Wonderful missionaries with great passion. 

I think I visited Salem only once when they moved to this new place and it must be in the early 80's.

It was good to see some familiar faces but most of them are new to me.  It was good to see Pastor Caleb Pandian again. We both go a long way back in the 1970's when we attended Sunday school together at Blk 69, Naval Base. Sis Rasi was instruemntal in bringing us to the Lord. Pst Pandian shared in church how my mom used to bring him to Sunday school in the early years. He also shared in the church that I was the first to give him a Bible in those days. So glad to see how God is using him in missions as well as in Salem.

I was so happy to meet Sis Esther Tan who taught me to play the accordion when I was about 15 years old. She is the one whom laid the foundation for music in my life. Also met Sis Ee Moi, one of the former members in PEC. There were about 120 people in the morning service

I was glad to see how Salem has developed with good structure and great outreach work in missions and in the community. Praise God that the DNA of missions is continuing wth the churches started by the Finnish missionaries. 

As it was Father's Day, I spoke on the Father's Legacy, with the text taken from Proverb 3:1-6 and 20:7. Many came after the service to say how much they were blessed by the message. I was blessed too being in Salem and just soaking in the presence of the Lord..

After the service Pst Ban Hui and hie wife took me for lunch at the Orchid Country club. We had a good discussion over lunch and talked about how we can partner together in the days to come.

Praising God for the opportunity and thankful to the church leadership in Salem for giving me this unique opportunity. To God be the glory.

Comments

  1. Praise the lord for His marvelous work

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the great good God always bless you & use you for his glory .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord. God unites his children for his marvelous work on this earth. May the Lord be glorified always. Amen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory