God's faithful servant - Rev Kim

Pst Paul Ky, my host, drove me to Seoul today. The weather was cold but pleasant. All the waterways and rivers were frozen and I could see people fishing on the ice. Seoul is a nice and clean city.

I had the privilege of meeting Rev Kim, who was the former President of the Methodist Church in Korea, overseeing more than 5000 churches, and also the former Chairman of the Methodist Bishops Committee in Korea. He is 86 years yet has the strength and vitality of a youth. 

I was really amazed by the humility of this man of God. Despite of all the achievements, he was so humble and polite. You can sense an aura of God's presence around him. In spite of his age, he is still serving God in other committees, and helping those in need. He literally served us with coffee and snacks, all by himself in his office.

As I sat, watched and listened to him, I was literally in tears. I said, "Lord I want to be like this man as I age, humble and serving you to the last breath of my life. I don't want to run for titles, position or fame, just serving you from the bottom of my heart"

Rachael, Pst Paul Kye's daughter was my translator. I asked Rev Kim, who was the greatest need in the Methodist church in Korea. He said that after Covid, the church is on a downward trend. "We need a revival".

Rev Kim asked me, "Will you come in May, if God opens the door, to come and help revive our Methodist pastors?". What.....you are asking the wrong person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory