Weekend at Berastagi, 8-10 Oct

 I arrived Medan at about 1530 hrs. This is my first trip to Medan after the pandemic. Pst Ezra from Elim Kairos Community Church, a good friend of mine has been asking me to come to preach at his place. By the time I reached Pst Ezra's home it was 11:00pm. As it was a holiday there was a hinge traffic jam all the way to Berastagi

Pst Ezra came to Singapore in the late 80's do study in a Bible School. During that time he was affiliated with PEC. After his training he went back to Berastagi to plant a church under the sponsorship of Salem Chapel, Singapore.

I remember visiting him in Berastagi, together with a team from PEC, the mid 80's. At that time he was only having a small cell group in his home. It was  from a humble beginning he started the ministry, but this man was persistent and faithful.

I was amazed to see the work done by Pst Ezra. He has a huge church building, a nice home. a children's Home/office and a school building in the process of completion. God never short changes anyone who serves Him faithfully and I saw this reality in Pst Ezra. I was also glad to meet his wife Pst Janice, a Singaporean. 

Yesterday morning the temperature was about 15 degC. Bright sunny  morning. I was scheduled to speak in three services. The first service was at 8:00am. I had prepared a beautiful sermon with good power point slides. We came early for the service and I gave my slides to the media team and all "systems were good to go". 

But as the service started I had no peace and I felt very strongly that I should change the message. 15 mins before my time to speak, I went to the media team and told them I will not be using the slides. Rather obey than regret later.

There were about 200 people gathered for the service. the worship was powerful and heartfelt. As the message was being shared, I could feel the tangible presence of the Lord so strongly in the service. Many people came forward to the alter to be prayed for. Pst Ezra later said, "It was the right message for the right time for his church". To God be the glory.

After the service, my translator Pst Daniel, a passionate pastor, drove me to the next service at a branch church, about 30 mins away. About 50 people had gathered for the service. There too the spirit of the Lord moved powerfully. 

After the service I was tired but the "joy if the Lord was my strength". We had lunch with the pastor and some members of this church. 

The evening service was at 5:00pm. The service was held at Pst Ezra's place. Smaller crowd but God was indeed present by His Holy Spirit.

I was blessed and so were the churches. After dinner, Pst Ezra treated me to some good Berastagi durians on the street stalls. 


Pst Ezra was so gracious to drive me back to Medan this morning. Long conversations and the prospect of starting a CP training Centre in Berastagi. 

Now I am in KL, waiting for my transit flight to Singapore and recording my moments in His story.  God never fails. The following psalm proved to be a reality on this trip:

Psalms 34:10Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the LORD will lack no good thing.

Thanking God for His favour and grace and for the opportunities in the ministry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory