Revival 72

 A friend sent me a video clip about revival that took place in Singapore in 1972.  It recounted the powerful move of God amongst students then in different schools. Some of them who experienced the revival are still alive and serving God faithfully. They shared how the Holy Spirit came powerfully on people of different denominations and they all started t speak in tongues. Most of the happenings were amongst students in the respected schools, like RI, ACS ect..

I was probably in Sec 1 and probably did not hear about it then. We were in the North and communications were not as super as it is today. Nevertheless my hair stood on end as I watched and listened to the stories of now the Holy Spirit began to work in the lives of young students. I recall that it was during that time there was also a powerful move of God in PEC. I was filled with the Holy Spirit in 1971 and spoke in tongues for the first time. I quite vividly remember the prayer meetings and the Sunday services how people would cry and come forward to accept Christ or to rededicate their lives. ut was revival indeed. About that time my family also came to Christ.

I was quite overwhelmed after watching the chip. Even as I was jogging in the evening, tears were whelming in my eyes. I cried, "Lord do it one more time, in my life time. Stir the hearts of the next generation. Let them experience the power and the filling of the Holy Spirit and let them rock our nation for your glory."

Do it Lord

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory