The end is not the end - A poem specially written for the one who is struggling with life's challenges

Isaiah 26:3-4 - You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.

 

 

It’s dawn again

And another worrisome day is breaking

I thought I had rested

But my mind - restless 

My headrest was moist 

Tears were the cause

Caused by preceding sorrows and fears of uncertain tomorrows

Hope all this will end

Or is this my end?

No mercy in sight

No panacea or might

But then I realised

Why should this be my end?

My past reminds me that

My hand is in the Hand of Him

Who knows the end from this end

I don’t know what this day will bring

But then, does it matter?

My Jesus, He knows my end and the way to the end 

And whatever happens today or the next

He does it for the good of my end

Why then should I fear the breaking of day

For He who holds my hand, will ensure it does not break me


P Ramachandran

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory