"My times are in Your hands".. Psalms 31:15 (Another look)

It's always reality check when a crisis come close to you or your loved ones. The serenity is usually not disturbed much  if “someone else” is in the storm, But when you or your loved ones come close to one, or are already in one, then the emotional thermostat readings fluctuate according to one’s trust and commitment in God.  It's in times like this when faith and trust in God is often challenged and questioned. 

 

Although having been a Christian for many years and having held many leadership positions in the Christian circle, I must admit that I too had my moments where faith was tested to its core. Covid19 was one such example.

 

When the pandemic first reared its ugly head in the end of last year, I was not too disturbed as I thought “this too will pass away”. But when people began to die in large numbers and the number of infected began to increase exponentially, I was worried. When the economies in the world began to tremble, when the circuit breaker measures began to take effect in Singapore, and the pandemic began to knock at the doors of our neighbourhood, my worry gave way to anxiety. But when both my wife and daughter (both in the medical field) were called upon to deal directly with Covid19 patients in the ICU, my anxiety gave way to fear. The “what if” questions began to taunt my mind. The mental interrogations reached a climax when I was identified as a close contact of a Covid19 positive patient and my daughter had to be quarantined due to symptoms. You can probably estimate my readings on the “anxiety scale”. 

 

But it was in times like this that I recounted my walk journey with the Lord and began to count my blessings. There were moments loneliness, pressures from the church and  ministry and times when we faced death situations in the mission field. Times of hunger and pain and yes, there were times of disappointment and failures as well. But one thing was certain. In all situations God was there by my side and He saw me and my family though. He is the faithful God in whom I could trust and depend on. It was in times like this that Psalms 31:15 gave me the assurance that my times are in God’s hands. That means that God is in control of my life. He knows my frame and everything that I go through. Nothing will happen to me or my family without His permission or knowledge. 

 

The verse also assured me that circumstances don’t dictate my life, rather the One in whose Hands, my time and my life is. God is in charge and Covid19 is merely a bystander, not the “controller”.  In spite of all the turmoil that spins  around me, and all the confusion that swirls within, I can rest secure in Christ, because “my times are in His hands”. 

 

The verse also gave me confidence that my future is safely and securely locked in God’s GPS. It may look hopeless, it may seem impossible and the future may seem bleak. But because my times are in His hands, He will navigate my life to fulfil His purposes and plan.  He knows and directs my future and that’s all I need to know. 

Comments

  1. Only when one truly surrender and embrace God's love, will he/she experience and understands HIS love+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. I like the statement “Covid is merely a bystander and not the controller of my life”. My times are indeed in His hands.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory