Leadership Training in Medan

It has been a tiring week. 5 teaching sessions a day from 9Am to 9PM. Sis Evelyn Tan from Singapore, coordinated this program, for which I am grateful.
I conducted two classes of Equip Leadership program in Medan. It was conducted at AOG  Kemah Doa (Kadosh). Pst Magareth, who is the pastor of this church, kindly agreed to host the program. This church was started in Sep last year and is showing great potential for growth.
Pst Margaret, myself, Pst Abraham and wife (both from Malacca) and Sis Evelyn (Spore)
From 22-23 May, I did Notebook 2 for about 10 pastors who had completed the level program earlier this year. It was good to see the former students. 
From 24-25 May I conducted Notebook 1 for about 54 pastors and leaders. These participants came from all over North Sumatra. These group was so active in discussions and presentations, that they took so much my time and I was not even able to finish my sessions. Nevertheless it was good to see the enthusiasm and desire to learn from these participants. Many pastors want the same program to be conducted in their areas and towns. Praise God for the openings and opportunities. 
In the evening I conducted classes on Biblical Mandate for members in Pst Margaret's church. About 15 people attended the sessions and I challenged them on evangelism.
I was very impressed by Pst Margaret. She has a full time job and she also manages a church, She and her husband have three teenage children. With all these commitments, she also organises seminars and training programs for leaders and travel to poach in other cities and town. In addition to interpreting for me, she was also engaged in other coordination for the seminar. Yet she has a humble spirit and a passion that is contagious. Not easy to find such passionate pastors like her. She also treated us to some good traditional food in Medan. It was so good.

Praise God for such wonderful people.

I leave for home tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory