The healthy church

"The best remedy for a sick church is to put it on a missionary diet." – Unknown

I came across this statement yesterday while I was looking at the great statements by some missionaries. I found it to very interesting and I posted it on my timeline in the Facebook. It drew many likes and many comments. At least one told me who the source of the quotation was. It was David Livingston, the great missionary to Africa. I also found some comments amusing and amazed at  the different perspectives people viewed the comment.

But the main point of this post, in my view and sadly many missed it, is this: If the church is not engaged in missions and evangelism, it is not well. 

A church can have many activities, programs and appear very busy, but if none of it is involved in reaching the lost, it needs a strong missionary dose to get well.

Of course we need the Holy Spirit's enablement and power but didn't Jesus say " Go.....and I will be with you"? 

Our God has the heart of a missionary and we His off-springs, carry the same DNA. Sadly its dormant in many. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory