The Great Commission or the Great Omission?


Devotion  at Rev Samuel's Home

During the last day of our mission trip, we gathered at Rev Samuel's Home in Jaigaon for a short time of devotion before we headed out on a 24 hrs journey to Singapore. Four hours to Bagdogra, three flights and transit took that much time.

 the devotion we discussed the Great Commission and I shared what Jesus said in Mathew 9:37-38 - Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”

Jesus did not give us many prayer requests but those requests He gave us are quite difficult to pray in sincerity. Mathew 9:38 is one such example but the moment you make that prayer, the question immediately echoes, "Why are you not going? You are the answer to your own prayer". That is why its very difficult to make this prayer, if we ourselves have not responded.

Bro George shared that in the cooperate world where he came from, its very difficult for people to go out to fulfill the Great Commission. They will gave some money and that's about all. Its also true in many churches. 

In fact when I gave my report on the trip, many people responded with high praises of the trip and the team. One said in spite of my age I am still doing missions with such energy. Another said I should take a break and learn to balance my life, otherwise I will burn out. I really would love to take a break but no one has come forward to say, "I will take 10% off your load in the mission work" or "Tell me how I can help you". Absolutely no one.

 I am pretty confidant that in Singapore, have the resources to reach the whole world for Jesus, if not at least half. I get the feeling that many will not want to leave their comfort zone. 

Has the Great Commission become the Great Omission? I pray not. But if I truly love Jesus, I will take His words seriously. Especially the one He said just before, He was taken up...."Go therefore and make disciples of all nations...."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory