Trip to Cebu

At Lapu Lapu
This was my first trip to Cebu. I was there at the invitation of Andrew and Josephine from True Life Christian Church. Cebu City. I met this couple in Maui in 2013 during the couples session. As this was a month dedication to Missions in their church, Andrew invited me through Pst Daniel Wong, who was their Missions Pastor. Above all I knew it was in God's plan for me to go to Cebu. 

I arrived Cebu on 10 Oct and was received by an entourage from the church. Of course Andrew and Pst Daniel Wong were there. It was a great honor. I was deeply humbled by the Filipino hospitality. They treated me to a fabulous lunch with tuna as the main dish. Later in the evening another great dinner hosted by the Sr Pastor  Dr Pradhan and the mission committee. Simply overwhelmed by their hospitality. 



It was a joy to meet Andrew and Josephine and to hear how God is working in their lives and in their family. I was humbled by their humility and sincere love for God and his servants. They had such passion for the church and the ministry. Praise God for such wonderful people.




Morning session

On 11 Oct in the morning I conducted two sessions on the Challenges to Missions and evangelism . The session was attended by Mission Pastors and leaders keen in missions from various churches, some coming from as far as Tagloban.  About thirty people attended the seminar.



In the afternoon Pst Albert Ong took me on a ride Lapu Lapu to see the landing site of Ferdinand Megsllan, the first Spanish traders to arrive in Cebu

But the traffic was a killer. Crawling is the word but the Filipinos took it in their stride and patiently too. No one seemed angry or infuriated when someone cuts into their path. Honking was minimum and they were always willing to give way eve to the most inconsiderate driver/ Phew....If this was Singapore, there would be manifestation of road rage.  Singaporeans have much to learn from these people. 


Saturday evening meeting
The evening meeting was open to all. As we were approaching the church, suddenly there was blackout, a power failure affecting the whole area where the church was. "Oh no...how am I going to use my power point presentation", was the thought that flashed through my mind. But when we came to the church, we found that there was electrify in the church. It was the only building that had electricity. Everywhere else was dark. No one could explain how this can be. It must be God. The devil tried but failed and we had electricity throughout the service. I shared on Missions - My obligations. Great service.

 Sunday morning Andrew and Josephine treated me to  a great breakfast at a lovely restaurant. I was really pampered. Sunday morning service I spoke on "Missions - Why the urgency:. After lunch I had the privilege to meet the entire church board and share a word of encouragement. From there I went to the airport and headed home.



Sunday morning service
God was gracious to me in this trip. I was sick before I came to Cebu and throughout the trip I was not well. Fever and flu. But the Lord gave me the strength to minster His word throughout the three days.   I thank God for the many saints who prayed for me and I know many people were touched and blessed during the three days. I saw His hand of providence which simply floored me. God is no debtor. I also leaned some lessons from this church. Excellent hospitality, Good team work and cooperation. 

Well tomorrow to work and on Tuesday, next stop Hyderabad. Heard the typhoons are coming to AP. Psalms 46.

Father, thank you. You have kept me as the apple of your eye. What a blessing. Can't ask for more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory