Missions - Whose responsibiity?

This morning I met a professional. He is not a pastor or even Bible School trained. But this man was instrumental in planting three churches and a Bible School in Myanmar. He has also helped to built and orphanage there. He visits Myanmar regularly to supervise the work and to encourage the Christians. Most of the work was done with his own resources. I was simply awed, just talking with him and to see his passion and vision for the lost.  

One of the things that he shared was there are many Christians who pat his back to say how much they appreciate what he is doing, admire his  humility to live in terrible conditions in Myanmar but only a handful come forward to partner, contribute or go on the trips. And these are the middle-income group Christians in Singapore who have the means and the ability. I can fully endorse what he is saying.

What makes a person to go back again and again to the mission field, to give way above the normal giver, stay in unbelievable  conditions and persist in spite of the many challenges. What made Paul to say in Romans 9:2-3 - I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race,

I believe its the realization that man will be lost for eternity without Christ. Unless this fact hits us like a brick, life will continue as it has always been. You don't need a calling to serve in missions or be gifted as an evangelist to share the gospel. Love for Jesus and a heart that is obedient

Well-known author and pastor Oswald Chambers said, "So long as there is a human being who does not know Jesus Christ, I am his debtor to serve him until he does."  

Pause to think: Is my daily routine a reflection of my belief that man is lost without Christ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory