Rome - What a city

I am finally in the city that I only read about in my historical books. I arrived on Saturday, 16 Nov and went straight to the retreat center. The weather was chilly, hovering about 10 degC. 

The center overlooks the St Peter's Basilica. Oh... what a beautiful site, especially during sunset. It was a joy to meet friends.

On Sunday, I visited the St Peter's square. There were thousands of people gathered, just to hear the Pope pronounce his blessings during the Angelus.The Angelus is a traditional Catholic prayer that is recited at noon, but the Pope delivers a special version of this prayer and blessing to the crowd gathered in St. Peter's Square or viewing via broadcast. It typically occurs at 12:00 PM.

The moment the Pope appeared at the window, there was a total silence, everyone was eager to hear him. There was so much of respect and awe for the man.

I wonder if we have the same for God.

Later in the afternoon I explored the Vetican city, near the center I was staying. The weather was so plesant. The architecture and history was amazing. 

But I have work to do in organising the seminar we are doing for Christian leaders here in the Vatican City. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The God Who Sees Me

Weekend at Kiros Cornerstone Church, Berastagi, Indonesia

When faith shines brighter than victory